Monday, November 11, 2013

Today is the Day!

Well, it's officially my first day of marathon training. Here's a peek at what is in store for me over the next 125 days:



Looks like fun, right? Probably not to some people, but I enjoy challenging myself and seeing how much I can improve from week to week. It's not going to be easy, but I am pumped to get this thing started!

Okay folks, so the first half of this post was written earlier today. I just finished my first training run, and it didn't start out very well. I started feeling shin splints coming on after only half a mile. I was so disappointed and was sure the run was doomed. I walked for about 10 seconds and then started up again, hoping that somehow this tiny break would somehow miraculously make them go away. It didn't work. But instead of giving up, I decided to do the opposite because I had been looking forward to this run all day. I ran faster. And faster. And FASTER! Pretty soon I was sprinting, which is something I just simply don't do. And guess what--my shins felt glorious! Even though I could barely breathe after another half mile, it felt amazing. I kept running fast, although I did slow down from a full-out sprint. I managed to run the entire rest of the route at a pace I haven't been able to do in over a year. What a great way to start out this journey!  Can't wait to run again tomorrow. Go to hell, shin splints! :)

Total Steps: 12,334
Training Run: 3 miles
Feeling: Pumped, Happy, Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!