Friday, November 15, 2013

There's No Turning Back Now

Today was a very important day for us. After months of stressful contemplation, my husband made the decision to re-enlist in the Army. This was not an easy decision, and a lot of important issues had to be taken into account. I told him I would stand behind whatever decision he made and support him 100% no matter what. Either way, we would figure it out and do whatever we had to do.

Re-enlistment Day 11.15.13

Re-enlistment Ceremony 11.15.13

His decision to stay in the military is bittersweet. I am a proud Army Wife, but this lifestyle is not easy on any of us. (Just for the record, that statement is NOT a complaint--it is a fact.) Since he chose to continue his military career, we are now facing his third deployment coming up in about six months. Between now and then, he will be doing a lot of training at different bases as his unit once again prepares for war. I hate to think of him being in that environment again and the amount of time he will be away from us, but that is part of this life. We have gotten through it twice before, and we will get through it again.

As I have said a million times and I will say a million more, I am so proud of this man. He is an exemplary soldier, a brave leader, a powerful mentor. He has made so many sacrifices for our family and for this country. Through his entire military career, he has always done things the honorable way and performed his duties with pride and resilience. I have watched him grow and become more confident in himself. His soldiers look up to him, trust him, and strive to be better soldiers with him as their mentor. And what a great example he is to these young soldiers--he is a Bronze Star recipient that stepped up instead of stepping away like many others did. His selfless service is what sets him apart from others, and that is what makes me so proud to be his wife.

Bronze Star Recipient, January 2013
There's no turning back now--this is our life indefinitely. I couldn't ask for a better man to stand next to and support as he continues to serve and defend our country. Hoooah!

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!