Monday, November 4, 2013

Shin Splints, Magazines & Bath Bombs, Oh My!

   


Monday

Total Steps: 12,572
Planks: 60 seconds x 3 sets
Push-ups: 15 reps x 3 sets
Squats: 25 reps x 3 sets
Lunges: 25 reps per leg x 3 sets

Running, and then walking: 3 miles...this was not how this was supposed to go! I was so pumped all day to go running, and then as soon as I hit 1.5 miles my legs decided to bust out some gnarly shin splints. I haven't had shin splints since I first started running. I had forgotten how excruciating they can be, and I'm not grateful for the reminder. Hopefully this was a one-time deal and they don't return anytime in the near future.


Today I finally received my first two issues of Runner's World magazine. My boss and his wife got me a subscription for my birthday--what a thoughtful gift! I can't wait to start reading them, but they will have to wait until tomorrow because it's past my bedtime. This time change thing really has me messed up!




My son's girlfriend got me a gift over the weekend while she was shopping in Washington DC. She is such a sweet girl! At first I wasn't sure what it was, but I have now figured out that it is a Bath Bomb by Lush. I'm excited to try this one out--it smells heavenly and is supposed to ease sore muscles. Perfect for someone training for a marathon! The Lush website is full of cool stuff. I may have to make a stop there next time I'm in DC. Thanks Sydney!!


That's all for now. Good night!

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!