Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Random Stuff

This week has been pretty crazy so far, with a bunch of random stuff going on.

1.  On the way home from our meeting last night, the car behind us got rear-ended REALLY hard. We heard tires squealing and then a second later, boom. I feel bad for them and I hope they're okay, but at the same time I'm glad it wasn't me! I've been waiting for something like this to happen to me, considering my son and Hubs each rear-ended someone within the past couple months. As they say, things always happen in 3's.

2.  Speaking of things happening in 3's, I have spilled on myself three times today. Cappaccino, water, and powerade. At least none of them were beer though--that would be a sin!

3. I attended my first FRG meeting last night for my husband's unit, and for some odd reason I felt the need to volunteer to be the Treasurer. I have a feeling that because I'm in control of the money, I will also be expected to come up with the ideas on how to raise the money to put into the account in the first place. Fundraising is not my thing--I hate asking people for money. Feeling some "volunteer's remorse" setting in....

4.  My Hubs is having bad luck with cabinet shelves lately. First, the entire top shelf in one of our kitchen cabinets fell down. That one was hilarious, and the look on his face was priceless. What made it even funnier was that we had two pots sitting on the counter that were full of soapy water so they could soak, and several items fell into those pots and splashed water all over him. That was the best part. Then the top shelf of our medicine cabinet (which is "his" shelf) fell down this morning when he was getting ready for work. That one wasn't quite as funny, but it still called for a chuckle at his misfortune. Sorry hun, love you :)




5.  Not only have I spilled on myself numerous times today, but I also fell in the toilet because the cleaning crew always leaves the seat up after they clean it at night. Apparently I forgot this little detail and was too consumed with listening to my boss's Voxer message to notice. Kerplunk.




6.  My shins and calves STILL hurt even after taking yesterday off my training schedule because of the meeting we had to go to. I have read conflicting information about how to treat shin splints--some say to stop running until the pain subsides, and others say to just keep training because your body has to get used to the stress that running puts on your legs and they will eventually go away. I will most likely go running tonight to make up the miles I missed yesterday, and hopefully it will all work itself out. If not, I guess I will be putting some more frozen drinks on my shins tonight!

7. We are getting a Panda Express here soon!! You have no idea how happy that makes me. I love me some Orange Chicken & white rice, and they have the best.

8. I love silly moments with my guys. Last night in the car we were singing Christmas carols and acting like complete fools. I'm really going to miss moments like those when Hubs deploys again soon :(

9. This list is way longer than I thought it would be. And I could go on!

10. Please leave me a comment and tell me a random thing that has happened to you lately :)

2 comments:

I'm interested to hear what you think!