Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Horsin' Around

Last weekend we met my parents in the land of bourbon and horses (a/k/a Kentucky) since we weren't able to go back to Wisconsin for the holidays. The night before we left we innocently stopped at a friend's house to give them our house key so they could watch our dogs, and somehow we ended up staying there and playing drinking games until 3 a.m. Needless to say, the eight hour drive the next morning was extremely long. I also get carsick really easily, so I spent the entire ride through the mountains doing everything in my power to not throw up. When we finally got there, we opened gifts and ate pizza with my parents and then went to bed.

On Saturday we visited a horse park and saw some of the most famous horses ever. Here we are taking a little break from all the horsin' around:


The three of us have been passing around a very nasty head cold for the past ten days, and I noticed something interesting--since when do they put motivational quotes on cough drop wrappers??


Then we went back to the hotel and had a family game night. We played Last Word, and it was pretty fun. You really have to use your brain though, so I was a little slow coming up with words since my brain is fogged with cold medicine.

On Sunday we went on a ride through horse country and saw some pretty horses. My mom had a close encounter with a couple and got some good pictures, but I was still in the car trying to convince myself my stomach wasn't doing somersaults. I really hate having such a sensitive stomach--I can never enjoy car rides unless the road is perfectly straight and flat.

Then we went to a horse race track called Keeneland, which is pretty cool considering my maiden name is Keene. The actual track was closed for the season, but we didn't let that stop us from sneaking up to the clubhouse suites and taking some pictures.






After we escaped the horse track without getting caught sneaking around, we went to the Woodford Reserve to see how bourbon is made. I'm not a huge fan of bourbon, so Hubs ended up drinking three of the four shots we got at the end of the tour. I bet that made him feel pretty good!


And just like that, the weekend was already over. How was everyone else's weekend?

~Fluffy Girl~ 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!