Monday, December 16, 2013

Going for All Pink

So today I was looking at my marathon training schedule, and I noticed a few things that I totally do not like.


 
First of all, there are way too many X's on this thing and not enough pink (X's are bad and pink, as always, is good). Second, apparently Mondays & Thursdays and me running do not get along very well. I'm thinking about taking Monday's off the schedule completely or making them a cross training/walking day, but I'll give them another week or two and see how it goes. I'm usually still a little sore on Mondays after my long runs on Saturdays, so that extra day of rest might just be what this fluffy ol' body needs. My goal this week is to go for all pink--no slacking!!

Another not-so-cool thing is that I have also been tracking my weight each week on Mondays, and it has fluctuated up and down by two pounds every single week. This week it's up by two pounds again. Very frustrating to be doing all this running and not seeing any weight loss whatsoever. Screw you, thyroid disease. Grrrrr.

Speaking of that, today I got a call from the endocrinologist office--not from the doctor himself, but from one of the nurses. Apparently he didn't wish to speak to me again after I cussed him out last week over the prescription fiasco. Anyways, the nurse was calling to tell me that the doctor was able to put in a "special order" for the Armour Thyroid for me. I guess being a bitch pays off sometimes! I am really psyched to try this medication, and hopefully I have good results like so many other thyroid patients have. Fingers crossed :)

Subject change: Last week was the holiday party for my husband's unit, and it was...shall we say...interesting. The best part of the night was when we picked up a special someone on the way there.

Ho Ho Ho

It's not every day you can say you had Santa Claus in your vehicle!


I'm super glad my work doesn't do a holiday party--I'm not sure I could handle spending any more time with my boss (or any of the other grumpy old men I work with, for that matter), especially if I wasn't being paid to be there!

What about you--does your employer do a holiday party? Do you like going, or do you dread it? Any funny and/or embarrassing stories from holiday parties? Sound off!

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!