Thursday, December 26, 2013

Just the Three of Us

I hope everyone had a great holiday! Ours was very low key since it was just the three of us this year. On Christmas Eve we went bowling, and the most amazing thing happened during the second game--I actually beat both Hubs and Boy! Unfortunately it wasn't because I bowled really well--it was because they both had a really bad game. Oh well, I'll take the victory!


After bowling we came home and played games for presents. If you won a game, you got to open a gift! I totally kicked their butts in Yahtzee. I just couldn't lose! AND I even beat the all-time high score. Look at all those Yahtzee's!!



Hubs got me a gift that was meant as more of a joke, but I really actually like it! Check it out:

NKOTB Greatest Hits CD and poster!! 
This was actually the first present I opened, so of course we had to listen to it while we played games. It brought back lots of childhood memories for me. I was infatuated with Donnie Wahlberg back in the day. He was so dreamy :)

Christmas morning we got up and opened the presents we had left and our stockings. Then I went for a 4 mile run, and in the afternoon we went to a movie. Just like that, Christmas was over!

Honestly, this holiday was bittersweet because it is the last time that the three of us will be together for the holidays before Boy leaves for college--next year, Hubs will be deployed in Afghanistan. I tried not to think about it, but I'm not gonna lie....it was in the back of my mind all week. I hate that he has to leave again in a few months, but I'm gonna have to pull it together so we can enjoy the rest of our time together before he deploys.

What were some of the highlights of your holiday? 

Did you have snow where you live?

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!