Monday, January 27, 2014

Slow It Down

I really wish time would just slow down a little bit. I can't believe this month is almost over already! I can remember when I was a kid and my Grandpa H would always say how fast time goes when you get older, and now I know exactly what he meant. It seems like the weeks/months just fly by, and I don't like it one bit. I need a slow motion button! 

We had a pretty good weekend of family time and some yummy food. Friday night Hubs and I went bowling, and I'm very happy to report that I beat him TWICE. Actually, you could say three times if you want to count overall pins. We ordered a Chicken Fajita Pizza from the snack bar, and it was freaking delicious (and cheap). We need to try making that one ourselves. Best pizza I ever had! Then we went home and had a family game night. I absolutely love family game nights. They are truly the best <3

Saturday the three of us ventured over to Richmond to check out some stores and eat at one of our favorite restaurants--Genghis Grill. As always, it was delicious and I had to take home half my bowl. They really need to open a location here in Hampton Roads so we don't have to drive over an hour to get our GG fix. Yum!


After we stuffed ourselves, we walked around the mall a bit and just happened to see this.


Yes, that is a man on the right. Yes, he is wearing a mini skirt, carrying a purse, and what you can't see in this pic is that he is also wearing heels. And yes, they are bedazzled to the max. There were people stopping them left and right to take their picture, and they were loving every minute of it. Apparently these folks are pretty popular because several of the locals made comments that they see them all around town and they are always the center of attention. Very interesting!

Yesterday I finally went running for the first time in ten days. I was so pumped because it was finally a little warmer and most of the snow/ice had melted from our "winter storm" last week. The trail I run on goes through a wooded area so there were still some spots of black ice where the sun never shines. I found this out by falling down within the first quarter mile of my run. I'm sure it looked hilarous because my foot only slipped a tad bit, but it was just enough to throw off my balance. I took several crazy steps while flailing my arms around trying to catch myself before digging it. Luckily I fell into the grass, so I just got right back up and kept going. I finished my six miles strong and it felt great!

We finished off the weekend with some laughs by watching this:

 
What were the highlights of your weekend?
 
What was your favorite movie of 2013?

How far did you run this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!