Monday, January 20, 2014

Can't make this stuff up!

The weekend was pretty good overall. Friday night we went out for dinner and drinks with some friends to a place I have been wanting to try out for quite awhile--The Taphouse in Hampton. I was a little scared because it is "downtown"--which around here generally means an area that you wouldn't want to go at night--but it wasn't anything like I imagined it would be. I've heard that during the summer this is THE place to go for a good time on the weekend, so we will have to check it out again once the summer block parties start. It was a cozy little pub with some really good food, and they have a HUGE selection of beers on tap. Hubs tried out a few different beer selections, but I stuck with one of our new favorites that we discovered when we moved here: Yuengling. We had a good time chatting with our new friends and getting to know them better. I even got some good stair climbing in because the restroom was on the second floor, and I think I made at least 4-5 trips up there. I was wearing three inch heels which made the descent a little tricky, but I survived the night without rearranging my face on the wood floor. Go me!

Hubs and Me @ The Taphouse 1.17.14


Saturday we did absolutely nothing besides be lazy and catch up on our DVR. If it wasn't for the dogs needing to go outside, I never would have even seen the sky that day. Sometimes you just need a day of pure nothingness to relax and recharge your batteries.

Yesterday Hubs and I decided we needed to leave the house, but we didn't really have anything in particular to do. We ended up roaming the mall, where I saw this ridiculous and disgusting game:





I actually called Hubs back into the store to see this because I simply could not believe my eyes. The concept of this game just blows my mind. Who in the hell thinks of this stuff? And what kind of person would buy this for their children? "Here kids, go throw poop at each other's heads.It's tons of fun!" And then when they start throwing REAL poop at each other, who is to blame? Oh my goodness. I can't believe the pure stupidity going on in this world today. You can't make this stuff up!

Did you notice I didn't mention any running from this weekend? Yup, that's because I have now pulled a muscle (or something) in my right leg. I was doing some sprinting during one of my short runs last week and managed to come away with a very sore outer thigh. Actually, the pain kind of radiates all the way from my hip to my knee. I did find a foam roller yesterday when we were out and about, so I will be trying that tonight after I find some videos on how to do it correctly. I've got four miles on the schedule for tomorrow--we'll see how that feels after I've rolled myself out.

I hope everyone has a great week!

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!