Thursday, October 17, 2013

No Running Yet, Just Thoughts

My "official" training schedule for the marathon does not start until next month, but in order to be able to even do the first run, I need to get into better shape. I have been trying to get motivated and make some changes this year, but so far none of them have helped my weight issue. I converted my desk at work to a stand-up station, so I am on my feet 8 hours a day. While standing at my desk, I often do squats, lunges, leg lifts, etc. during downtime and sometimes even jog in place. I wear a pedometer to make sure I do a minimum of 10,000 steps per day, five days a week. This averages out to approximately five miles of walking. Of course I realize that pedometers are not 100% accurate, but I usually break that barrier and do about 13,000 steps on most days. A few times a week I also try to go for a run for at least 3 miles. It is so frustrating to see no results after all this hard work, but hopefully once I get into the groove with my marathon training I will see some changes.

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!