Thursday, October 24, 2013

Deja Vu


 
Yup, this t-shirt pretty much says it all :)

Wednesday

Total Steps: 11,973

Planks: 35 seconds x 4
Squats: 25 reps x 4 sets
Tricep Dips: 25 reps x 4 sets
Jumping Jacks: 100 reps x 4 sets
Pushups: 25 reps x 4 sets

Sometimes I feel like I am trapped in the movie Groundhog Day. I have the same interactions with the same people day in and day out! One example....

There's another company who rents the third floor of the office building I work in, and all their employees are, shall we say, interesting individuals. Every single morning, the woman who does their bookkeeping comes in the front door (where my desk is) to get on the elevator and says "Happy (insert day of week here)! I love my life and everyone in it!" At first I thought wow, how refreshingly positive this woman is. But now, I loathe this 3 second interaction every morning. The other day, just to throw her off, I beat her to the punch. Before she even stepped over the threshold I yelled, "Happy Thursday!!!!" with this big, fake smile.You should have seen the look on her face--it was like I had just kicked her puppy in the mouth. She still said her mantra, but with a lot less enthusiasm. I felt a little guilty after that, but still hoped I had made a point. Unfortunately, it didn't work. Any suggestions on how to nicely tell her that her morning exclamation drives me absolutely bonkers?

Another "deja vu" conversation I have daily is with the mail man. Don't get me wrong, he's a super nice guy and always has some type of compliment for me...but there are two things he says every single day that for some reason bother me: 1) "Don't work too hard" and then he laughs, and then 2) "I'll see you tomorrow if I don't 'go postal' ". It's like nails on a chalkboard. Eeeeeeeek!

Do you have these same types of interactions that get old after awhile?

What other types of exercising do you do besides running?

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!