Monday, October 21, 2013

How OCD are You?

Sunday

Total Steps for the Day: 8,545

Running/Walking Intervals: 4 miles
Pace: 11:30

I have been noticing lately just how OCD I am. I think I'm getting worse! For instance, everything on my desk and in my office at work has to be in it's exact spot. The first thing I do every morning is walk around the office and make sure everything is where it should be. The cleaning crew has a habit of not putting things back exactly where they got them from, and it drives me absolutely freakin' crazy. Even the way they place the garbage cans all sideways and uneven on the floor drives me bonkers. Also I usually leave work before my boss, so he is always down here messing things up. I never leave work without putting away all the files and other papers I worked on that day, but 80% of the time there are files laying around when I get to work the next day. If you can take it out of the filing cabinet, you can put it back in. That actually brings me to another thing that drives me nuts--people don't know the alphabet or how to count!!! I can't begin to tell you how many times I have found folders that were put back in the cabinet out of order. Seriously people, learn your ABC's and 123's. There are no grade school children working here, and even THEY could probably do a better job at putting things away than my co-workers.

Another thing I have been noticing lately is how much it bothers me to end a run/walk if it's not an exact number of miles. And I actually REFUSE to stop if it isn't at least on a quarter mile mark (.25, .5, or .75). Is that weird or what? I actually ran an extra quarter mile the other day just because my tracker said I had gone 5.58 miles, so I continued running until it said 5.75. I guess it's okay since it pushed me to do more, but still...this weird OCD-ness is getting a little out of control!

I have always been a creature of habit--which I'm pretty sure I get from my mom. I have a routine every morning and I do the exact same things in the exact same order, and if something interrupts my routine I get pretty irritated. I do certain chores on certain days of the week. When I pay my bills, I pay them in the same order every month. I check my bank account online daily, if not more than once a day, to make sure everything balances out to the penny. If it doesn't, I won't rest easy until I figure out what went wrong.

Am I just highly organized and like round numbers, or am I losing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!