Saturday, October 19, 2013

Catching Up and Running Fashion Blunders

Thursday

Total Steps for the Day: 10,473

Planks: 30 seconds x 5 sets
Leg Lifts: 25 reps per leg x 3 sets

Friday

Total Steps for the Day: 11, 214

Planks: 30 seconds x 5 sets
Squats: 25 reps x 6 sets

Saturday

Total Steps for the Day: 10,057

Running/Walking Intervals: 4 miles
Pace: 11:36

When I ran my half-marathons, I wore a fanny pack to carry all my essentials. I know, I know...this is a major fashion blunder, but there was no other way to carry everything I thought I might need. For me, the "essentials" consisted of kleenex (no farmer blows for this girl), lip balm, bandaids, a granola bar, and a camera. Well I guess the camera wasn't exactly an essential, but you just never know what you might see and want to capture forever. Plus, I love photography and there have been many times in my life when I have wished I had a camera. When I went to the expo the day before the marathon to pick up my race goodies, there were several vendors there selling what they were calling "running belts", but they were so small that I wasn't even sure what they were supposed to hold. So I went with my big, 80's-style fanny pack and embraced the fashion faux pas I committing. It turned out that I never needed anything I was carrying in that dreadful thing, so now I'm wondering if I should wear it for my upcoming full marathon. Anyone have any suggestions?

Do you wear a running belt when you run long distance?

If so, what are the "running essentials" that you carry?

~Fluffy Girl~













No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!