Thursday, October 17, 2013

22,222

That's a lot of steps I made yesterday! And no, I did not do that number on purpose; it just happened that way. The first 12,000 or so were done while pacing my office at work, and the remainder came from my run/walk intervals around the neighborhood.

Total Steps for the Day: 22,222

Run/walk intervals: 5.75 miles
Pace: 12:00

Squats: 25 reps x 4 sets
Planks: 30 seconds x 4 sets
Push ups: 25 reps x 2 sets
Tricep Dips: 25 reps x 2 sets

Okay, enough of those boring numbers. Yesterday my running thoughts were pretty scattered, ranging from "damn, I'm hungry...what can I eat?" to thinking about how true it is when parents say to their children, "Just wait until YOU have kids..." and I have already found myself saying that to my own son.

I have one of the best kids ever, but of course we all have our days when we went to slap the shit out of them (for the record, I don't believe in hitting children...but I have been tempted!). Raising a teenager is so stressful--and expensive. I think I spend more money on him now than I did when he was a baby in daycare! Car payment, gas, auto insurance, cell phone, athletics, school stuff, clothes, entertainment, the list goes on and on. And when you add them having a girlfriend/boyfriend to the mix, things get even more interesting. I will leave it at that, but I'm sure eventually I will have some entertaining stories to share on that subject!

But for right now, I've got some steps to pound out.

Happy Thursday!

~Fluffy Girl~





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!