Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tweet-Tweet and Throwback Thursday

Big news: I finally joined the tweeting world! I have been toying with the idea for quite some time, so I finally bit the bullet and signed up to see what all the fuss is about. I'm going to give it 30 days and see what happens. The experience of using Twitter would probably be more fun if I had some followers, so hit me up @thatgirouxgirl and I will follow you back :)

A year ago, Hubs and I were boarding the Carnival Fantasy for our "honeymoon" cruise to the Bahamas. I guess five and a half years late was better than never! We had a great time that first night--I wish we could go back and do it again.

All Aboard!
The second day...not so much. Hangover + Seasickness + Boat almost tipping over = Not much fun.

We ended up being small-time celebrities on that boat because we participated in (and won!) The Newlywed Game. I'm pretty sure Hubs dancing onstage in only some Cookie Monster boxers and a bowtie made the biggest lasting impression. Thank goodness for video cameras, because we will be able to relive that glorious moment over and over with the DVD that Carnival gave us of the show. I can't wait to whip that out when we have grandkids to show them how young and cool we once were. Ha!

What is your favorite social media platform and why?

Have you ever been on a cruise? If so, did you get seasick?

Where did you go for your honeymoon?

~Fluffy Girl~

2 comments:

  1. Awe I'm so glad I found your blog. I was just browsing around.

    Anyways-twitter is by far my favorite platform. I love that it is a constant stream of information. Though I must admit that instagram is second or tied for first.

    I do get seasick actually but never did on any of the cruise. I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found it too! I saw on your blog that you have ties to Hampton Roads and you will be down here for the VA is for Lovers race this weekend. It's a bummer they had to change the date to Sunday because of the school makeup days. Hopefully that doesn't affect your plans! Good luck in the race :)

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested to hear what you think!