Thursday, February 20, 2014

It's another Throwback Thursday!

I was looking through some old photos lately and thought I would share some of my favorites. Some make me laugh, some make me want to cry, and some were just too interesting not to share.

Enjoy!

Let's start off with a little something to make you chuckle. If this picture doesn't scream "I'm a dork who grew up in the 80's!" then I don't know what does. Loving the denim vest, puffy hair, and of course my supremely awesome coke-bottle glasses. Gosh, I was so darn cool I can barely stand to look at myself!


This is definitely one of the pics from the "interesting" category. I can't believe I actually used to have this haircut. I was about 20 years old in this picture.



With Varsity Soccer tryouts coming up next week for my son, I thought this picture was appropriate. Also coming up next week is his 17 birthday. He is sooooo adorable it makes my heart melt. Where has my little boy gone? **tear**


This next little series of photos is from my son's 8th birthday. When I asked him what he wanted, he said "ummmm, tuna". So of course, being the smart aleck that I am, I called everyone and asked them to bring a can of tuna wrapped up. It was the funniest thing ever and everyone played along. As you can tell by the looks on his face as he kept opening can after can of tuna, he was not impressed with this little prank. I still don't think he has forgiven me to this day.


This is one of my favorite pictures of us together. I don't know why, but it just is. It's from Chucky Cheese in 2003.  



Hubs is so smokin' hot in this cowboy hat. I have always loved this picture of him! We were on our way to have some drinks in Wisconsin Dells on a summer night in 2005. Good times!


This is me and my bestest best friend forever. We were out on the town for my birthday in 2006, and later that night I rode a mechanical bull. I'll spare myself the embarrassment of posting any pictures of that! We always have so much fun together, and I sure do miss her soooo much.

 




Since this is supposed to be a blog about running, here's the three of us at our first-ever race in 2011. Hubs even got second place in his age bracket! Pretty good for a guy who had just gotten home from the bar a few hours ago. Ha!


I saved the best for last. This is my parents from waaaaay back, I'm sure before I was even thought of. I absolutely love, love, love this picture. They are so young, and my Mom looks absolutely beautiful! (If you are wondering what they are looking at, there was actually a third person in this picture that I cropped out. Sorry, lady!)




I think most of us don't often think about what our parents were like before we were born, but I actually wonder about it a lot. Whenever I think about it, this picture always comes to mind and it makes me smile. Also, don't you think I look JUST LIKE my mom?? If I had dark hair and stood at this angle, I almost don't think you could tell us apart! 

That wraps up this edition of Throwback Thursday.

~Fluffy Girl~

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested to hear what you think!